An Internet Hotlist on IELTS & ESL Practice Websitescreated by KacyC. – Canadian TESL Instructor
KacyC’ favorite IELTS / CELPIP/ CELBAN / TOEFL / EAP / ELT/ ESP / OSLT / LINC/ CAEL / TOEFL / MELAB & ESL online practice websites to help second language learners (L2) practice and develop English skills: Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing, Grammar & Lexical resources.TESL Canada & Ontario Accredited, TESL Trainer and Language Instructor with extensive professional teaching experience with diverse (L2) learners, effectively facilitating the Non-native speakers’ (NNS) second language learning communicative competence with innovative pedagogical strategies to overcome the English language barrier and strive for excellence at various community (non-profit), colleges and university ESL-English as a Second Language and EAP- English for Academic Purposes settings.Specialties:
Applied Linguistics,TESL- Theory & Methodology
Teaching of English as a Second & Foreign Language (ESL/EFL)
English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
Language Instruction to New-comers to Canada(LINC)
Enhanced Language Training (ELT)
English for Workplace Communication (ELT)
Occupation Specific Language Training (OSLT)
English for Engineering; College English
English for Specific Purposes- Engineering, ECE, Office Administration, Business (ESP)
Business and Functional English; English Language & Literature.
International English Proficiency Test Preparation – MELAB, TOEFL, CELBAN, CELPIP, IELTS
KacyC TESL / IELTS Instructor, CA
- IELTS Instructor, Toronto, Canada – IELTS.CELPIP.TOEFL.MELAB.ESL Test Preparation Sessions by Canadian College & University TESL Accredited Instructor
- E.- English Club – English for learners and teachers.
- E.-Dave’s ESL Cafe – The Internet’s Meeting place for ESL/EFL teachers and students from around the world.
- E.-ESL Town – Having fun while learning English
- E.-English Page – For all skills, lots of activities, exchange messages with other students, and ask questions
- E.-English as a Second Language Home Page – A starting point for ESL learners who want to learn English through the World Wide Web-Listening and Speaking; Reading with Understanding; Grammar and Writing
- E.-Learn English – English conversation – all about English
- E.-Learn English Online – A large collection of English as a Second Language (ESL) tools & resources for students, teachers, learners and academics.
- E.-The Internet TESL Journal – For Teachers of English as a Second Language-Articles, Research Papers, Lessons Plans, Classroom Handouts, Teaching Ideas & Links
- G.-English Grammar Online – English Grammar Online … the fun way to learn English online
- G.-HyperGrammar – Electronic Grammar Course at the University of Ottawa’s Writing Centre.
- L.-Connect With English Videos – Get extra practice watching the Connect with English video series here
- L.-Randal’s ESL Cyber Listening Lab – Listening lab for Basic, Intermediate and Advanced Levels
- P.-About.com ESL Guide – Quizzes and tests for different levels; employment opportunities for nonnative speakers
- P.-Activities for ESL students – Quizzes, tests, exercises and puzzles to help you learn English as a Second Language (ESL).
- P.-Boggle’s World – Resources for ESL teachers for children and adults – printable worksheets, flashcards, and class activities.
- P.-Interesting Things for ESL Students – Full of word games, puzzles, quizzes, slang, proverbs, American English pronunciation exercises, and more to help individuals learn English.
- P.-Karin’s ESL Partyland – Lots of great ESL activities
- P.-Language, Grammar, Behaviour Worksheets – Worksheets for practice on different topics
- P.-Self-Study Quizzes for ESL Students – Contains quizzes for students of English as a second language (ESL), covering grammar, vocabulary, idioms, and other topics.
- R.-Online Magazine for Learners of English – This publication offers learners of English the opportunity to express and publish their ideas in English to an online audience.
- S.-English Pronuciation – EnglishAccentCoach – The interactive online game that improves your English pronunciation.
- S.-Learn English speaking FREE with TalkEnglish.com – To help you Learn English speaking so you can speak English fluently. Improve your spoken English Free!
- S.-Online Dictionary with Pronunciation –
- S.-Sounds of English – English pronunciation pages – pictures, sounds, and videos, activities and exercises to help you with English pronunciation.
- S.-The Pronouncing Dictionary – A machine-readable pronunciation dictionary for North American English that contains over 125,000 words and their transcriptions.
- V.-English Vocabulary and Grammar Practice – English Vocabulary and Grammar Online Practice
- V.-Vocabulary.com – the quickest, most intelligent way to improve your vocabulary. – Regardless of your education level or age, Vocabulary.com will help you to master the words that are essential to academic and business success. Simply answer the question to the right to get started!
- W.- Academic Writing : Paragraphs – Writing exercises for self-directed study
- W.- Guide to Writing a Basic Essay – Essay Writing Guide
- W.-Essay Writing Help – Essay Writing Guide 1. Essay Writing Process 2. Writing a Thesis Statement 3. Essay Outline 4. Essay Writing Format 5. Final Steps to Writing an Essay Essay Writing Articles Essay Citations | The Five-Paragraph Essay | Essay Writing Tips | Essay Test Strategies Essay Types Persuasive | Critical | Narrative/Personal | Descriptive | Reflective | Argumentative | Compare and Contrast Cause and Effect | Research | Expository/Informational | College Admissions
- W.-Essay and Writing Skills – Steps in Writing Process, Research Essays
- W.-Purdue University’s Online Writing Lab – A great place to learn more about writing and grammar
- W.-The Purdue Online Writing Lab – Purdue OWL-Over 200 free resources including: ¡Writing and Teaching Writing ¡Research ¡Grammar and Mechanics ¡Style Guides ¡ESL (English as a Second Language) ¡Job Search and Professional Writing
International & Canadian English Proficiency Test Preparation Links :
IELTS, CELPIP, CELBAN,TOEFL, MELAB, CLB
- IELTS Blog – To share knowledge and experience and to help each other to improve our English.
- IELTS Exam – IELTS – The International English Language Testing System
- IELTS Exam English
- IELTS Prep. Info
- IELTS Speaking – Video Practice
- IELTS Speaking Practice – Video Practice
- IELTS- Interpreting Graphs – IELTS TEST Academic Task 1
- IELTS.org – The world speaks IELTS
- This is IELTS
- TOEFL – Educational Testing Service: TOEFL Testing for Students and Immigration
- TOEFL – The TOEFL Study Guide
- CELPIP :Canadian English Language Test – CELPIP-LS for Citizenship and CELPIP-G for Permanent Residence/ Immigration
- CELPIP-General Sample Test – Free Online Sample Test
- CELPIP Tests
- The CELBAN Centre- Canada’s administrative centre for the Canadian English Language Benchmark Assessment for Nurses (CELBAN).
- Center for Canadian Languages Benchmark – CLB
- MELAB – The Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) is an intermediate to advanced level standardized examination for adult nonnative speakers of English.
- MELAB Test Registration Site – For Advanced Level English Evaluation.
- Canadian Society – A Blog on Canadian Culture!
- Professional Recommendations – Professional Recommendations by my colleagues and students
- Reading Assessment – Reading Assessment for LINC level 3/4
- Technology Impact on Teaching – A Blog on how technology is and will be important for teaching!
- WebQuest on Canadian Society – Everything Canadian!
- KacyC’ Web-links: IELTS / Academic English – An Internet Hotlist on IELTS and ESL Practice Websites
- KacyC Online Hotlist – Fav. Weblinks on IELTS, ESL, EAP
KacyC. Online Activities
- Appreciation Video1 – LINC Students – Microskills, Consumers Road, Toronto, ON – LINC Students gave a farewell party on Sept.03, 2011, In one month teaching, there was great improvement in students’ communication competence!
- Appreciation Video2 – LINC Students – LINC Students at MicroSkills Centre, Toronto – Appreciation Party
- Lion Roar- A wife is a wife! – A fun, matching activity
- Tense Chart – a concept map – All 12 Tenses explained with rules!
KacyC. Professional Profile
- IELTS,TOEFL, MELAB Instructor – IELTS Tutoring Sessions by Ontario College Instructor! English Proficiency TEST Preparation – ACADEMIC or GENERAL IELTS EXAM; TOEFLiBT;MELAB
- Kacy’s Professional Profile – TESL Instructor Professional Profile/Work History
- KacyC. English Instructor Online – Test preparation as offered in CAD Colleges Skills Enhancement – Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing; Effective techniques and tips taught to achieve at least Band 7.5 – 8.5; For entrance into college, university, or professions/jobs; For working and getting accepted at Australia or Britain For Nurses, Police, Engineers, Architects, Doctors, other professionals. in Canada and Overseas.
- TESL Instructor Facebook page – Exchange ideas and chat with the Instructor
- KacyC Profile Weblinks